War in Ukraine: AE Legal and other major law firms around the world offer free legal support.
22 March 2022
A recent statement released by one of the world’s largest legal networks, Multilaw, has condemned Russia’s unprovoked attack on Ukraine.
Multilaw’s firms around the world are all providing information to the Multilaw firm in Kyiv, Arzinger, which will help fleeing Ukrainians to legally settle in other countries.
AE Legal provided the legal information for Malta in the Ukrainian language shedding light on entry requirements, including visa regulations and residence permits, employment, healthcare, education, and banking in Malta.
Moreover, AE has and will be providing free legal assistance to Ukrainian citizens who wish to leave their country and take refuge in other countries.
If you are a Ukrainian seeking asylum, the community leader in Malta will be able to assist with any difficulty or help secure funding for a stay in any of the recognized quarantine hotels.
The Ukrainian Consulate in Malta is also in the process of setting up a bank account to accept donations for Ukrainians who arrive in Malta.
Please find some useful links related to supporting this cause:
- Aditus Foundation – An organisation with a mission to monitor, report and act on access to human rights in Malta.
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees– UNHCR’s objective in Malta is to advocate for access to protection on appropriate terms and promote durable solutions for all persons of concern.
- Blue Door English– A voluntary organisation in Malta, offering free literacy and English classes twice a week for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
- Jesuit Refugee Services Malta– JRS’s mission is to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons.
- Foodbank Life Line Foundation– Helps individuals and families facing short-term crisis through the provision of emergency food supplies.
Should you require any further information, contact our team on email@example.com